View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 06:31 AM
LacedUp
IBF World Champion

Rep Power: 37 LacedUp has a reputation beyond reputeLacedUp has a reputation beyond reputeLacedUp has a reputation beyond reputeLacedUp has a reputation beyond reputeLacedUp has a reputation beyond reputeLacedUp has a reputation beyond reputeLacedUp has a reputation beyond reputeLacedUp has a reputation beyond reputeLacedUp has a reputation beyond reputeLacedUp has a reputation beyond reputeLacedUp has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 8,261,351,918,302.38
Total Points: 11,661,737,039,382,912.00
A glass of the finest French wine - QuebecSTAR2 Thank u sir. - Trudoe Thanks for the help - mathed Thanks for the help - mathed For shitting all over Weltz's B1tch T1Ts - Col. Hans Landa 
This should come in handy when sheltering from the shower of shite that is Rammstein's posts. - Finn 

Quote:
Originally Posted by G22 View Post
I'd have Haye as a slight favourite but can see Pulev winning.

The way he wins is by making Haye work. Chisora tried a similar strategy but was too heavy and was slapping with his shots. Nothing was sharp.

A young unbeaten fighter like Pulev represents a stiffer challenge to Haye who was short on ideas vs Wvlad and was eventually worn down by Thompson. Aslong as Pulev keeps his hands up nice and tight and keeps a tempo where Haye is constantly reacting then I give Pulev a good chance. Haye likes room to work and does so at his own pace so Pulev would be playing into his hands if he stood infront of him like Ruiz

For Haye to win its all about speed, striking fast and getting out again, making Pulev follow him & being a moving target. Punch selection is key or it could be a hard night if he begins to gas and Pulev walks through his shots. If Haye cant dictate and gets drawn into a physical fight youd lean towards the bigger man.

Make it happen.
Something that happened 10 years ago is clearly not relevant any more.

I don't see how Pulev could beat Haye. At worst, the fight will go as long as Ruiz, in reality it will go like it did against Chisora.

Haye's 1-2 will win this fight. Pulev has a good defence, but Haye will throw that vicious left jab and poke his head back from the get go. Throw the straight right that landed in the first 30 secs against Ruiz and the fight shouldn't go long. I could see Pulevs trainer throwing in the towel like Ruiz. I honestly think he'd be totally out of his depth.

Pulev has good workrate, but doesn't have tremendous power to go with it. And he's not really quick enough to land on Haye in my opinion. So unless he can make it into a dog-fight (which I would still favour Haye in) I don't see this going further than round 9.