View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 02:11 PM
Scarcaztic
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Scarcaztic has a reputation beyond reputeScarcaztic has a reputation beyond reputeScarcaztic has a reputation beyond reputeScarcaztic has a reputation beyond reputeScarcaztic has a reputation beyond reputeScarcaztic has a reputation beyond reputeScarcaztic has a reputation beyond reputeScarcaztic has a reputation beyond reputeScarcaztic has a reputation beyond reputeScarcaztic has a reputation beyond reputeScarcaztic has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 100,890,106,741.23
Cashflow - mathed good posts - thuggery troll - The Problem 

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Swizzy- View Post
considering Silva subbed Hendo who later went on to ko Fedor.

and don't use the "fedor was past prime" excuse cuz Hendo is like 6 years older than Fedor.

I'd even put Hendo above Fedor and Fedor is one of my favorite fighters all-time.

Fedor is one of the greatest fighters all-time but lets not exaggerate his legend.
SMDH. Not only was Fedor past prime, but people were saying he should retire after the Bigfoot Silva fight.

You could even see him start to decline during the Brett Rogers fight. He wasn't the same Fedor.

I don't take anything away from Hendo's win, but he was past prime.

Also, Fedor is undoubtedly above Hendo in all time rankings.

Yes, Hendo's resume is spectacular, but he's also lost SO many times, and at one point of his career, was called "decision Dan", remember that???

Hendo's greatness comes from his longevity, and durability.

Fedor's greatness comes from being the most dominant specimen the MMA world has ever seen.

Remember in his peak, people were saying he's the "greatest fighter of all time" regardless of MMA/kickboxing/boxing.

He was THAT good during his reign.

Silva, while he is a masterful fighter, isn't the G.O.A.T. skill set wise, or legacy wise.

He has suspect TD defense, although it's gotten better. He's not a strong wrestler, and doesn't have TD threats.

Fedor doesn't have a single weakness.

Go watch the fight with Mirko Cro Cop (a much better striker, and way more dangerous during his peak than Silva), and tell me Fedor wouldn't beat the brakes off Silva.

Fedor had Mirko on his back foot and was landing BOMBS on him. Same thing would happen to Silva. Fedor's Sambo would have Silva back peddaling, and Fedor's extremely quick hands, and powerful punches would be catching Silva.

Silva has NEVER been in the ring/cage with someone like Fedor.

He was the ultimate fighting machine in his PRIME.

P.S. triangle theories don't work. Especially in MMA.