View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 12:19 PM
Scarcaztic
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Scarcaztic has a reputation beyond reputeScarcaztic has a reputation beyond reputeScarcaztic has a reputation beyond reputeScarcaztic has a reputation beyond reputeScarcaztic has a reputation beyond reputeScarcaztic has a reputation beyond reputeScarcaztic has a reputation beyond reputeScarcaztic has a reputation beyond reputeScarcaztic has a reputation beyond reputeScarcaztic has a reputation beyond reputeScarcaztic has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 100,890,114,657.23
Cashflow - mathed good posts - thuggery troll - The Problem 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony342 View Post
Apparently some have, yes. And if you're going to make that point, you should post a Fedor gif. Silva's the best in UFC history, I'll agree with that. If Silva were truly the best, than more would pick him as such in their articles. Most still go with Fedor. I might go with Silva if he beats Jones or possibly GSP, if he just retires still with the belt and stays at middle for the rest of his career, than probably not, but his talent alone would make him a close second IMO. If the weight is such a problem, why doesn't Silva stay at 180 and let Jones fight him at 205? Fedor was outweighed in a good amount of his fights in Pride. Maybe if he beats a few bigger opponents he might be the best.

Funny what it says on their Wikipedia pages too, for Silva it says:

UFC president Dana White has called Silva "the greatest mixed martial artist ever."

And for Fedor it says:

Some analysts and fighters consider Emelianenko to be the greatest mixed martial artist of all time. He remained undefeated for nearly a decade, during which time he was widely considered the best heavyweight fighter in mixed martial arts.

Now yeah, Wikipedia is not gospel, but that still speaks volumes.

Good points about Silva's skills though.
There's no doubt in my mind that a MW Fedor would beat a MW Silva.

If you've seen the Fedor/Cro Cop fight, explains it all.