View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 03:45 PM
537Bwouaye
Contender

Rep Power: 7 537Bwouaye is just really nice537Bwouaye is just really nice537Bwouaye is just really nice537Bwouaye is just really nice537Bwouaye is just really nice
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 34,494.92

The main beef that isn't mentioned here, is that team Rigo wanted Donaire to sign the same papers Rigo had to sign. I'm not sure if it was WADA or USADA, but there was an agreement that only Rigo signed and not Nonito. So Rigo wanted Nonito to sign the same thing as him. Bob Arum was getting impatient and came to Rigo and asked him to sign... Rigo told Bob that he wanted Donaire to have the same tests as him. Bob said "don't worry, i'll take care of it personally, Donaire will have to sign". Team Rigo wasn't satisfied so they kept waiting. After about an hour or so Bob came back and told Rigo straight up he had to sign the agreement or he would call off the fight. Of course, Rigo immediately signed, but he was unsatisfied because Nonito didn't sign the other part and all he had was Arum's word (which, as we know, is worth poop).

I know this thanks to someone who went to the press conference who talked to team Rigo after all the beef and the drama concluded.

Last edited by 537Bwouaye; 02-23-2013 at 03:48 PM.