View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013, 03:27 AM
edgarg
Honest BoxingScene posts

Rep Power: 33 edgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 25,737,672.50
Top Poster - WLAD OWNS one of boxingscene's best - Carnivore you're great poster - keep on setting them straight! - Freedom. your an excellent poster - happyman You're a tremendous poster. - Weltschmerz 
Again, great post man - Cuauhtémoc1520 So you can kiss up to Bob Arum better - ShoulderRoll For being a very knowledgeable poster! - PainfromUkraine for helping - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
By Cliff Rold - Will he or won***8217;t he?

One of the big questions as 2013 develops is whether December 8, 2012 ended one of the great rivalries or simply turned to page to a fifth chapter. Mexico***8217;s Juan Manuel Marquez, after years of playing the hunter, is enjoying being the prey. He***8217;s playing coy, saying out of one side of his mouth that he isn***8217;t interested in another showdown with Manny Pacquiao.

And saying he***8217;ll weigh all his options out of the other.

In boxing, weighing options is often another way of saying, ***8220;it***8217;ll cost ya.***8221; This is, after all, prizefighting. Marquez has waited a long time to be able to demand the cash prize outside the ring his win over Pacquiao in December could bring him.

Inside the ring, he***8217;s accumulated more than his share of prizes in a career that began just shy of twenty years ago. While boxing waits to see how the 39-year old craftsman chooses to close his brilliant run, it***8217;s as good a time as any to ask***8230;

How good has Marquez been, measured against all-time? [Click Here To Read More]
An excellent, indepth, analytical article. I like it. The writer stretched the truth a bit here and there, but it's a long time since we had an article as good to read. It's more of an essay. That's all I can say. I am now going to read some of his previous analyses that I missed.