View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 08:02 PM
frosty-g
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 9 frosty-g has a reputation beyond reputefrosty-g has a reputation beyond reputefrosty-g has a reputation beyond reputefrosty-g has a reputation beyond reputefrosty-g has a reputation beyond reputefrosty-g has a reputation beyond reputefrosty-g has a reputation beyond reputefrosty-g has a reputation beyond reputefrosty-g has a reputation beyond reputefrosty-g has a reputation beyond reputefrosty-g has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 15,058,760.20

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_am_a_champ View Post
More or less yes. Good man

The way Rigo does it , it is perfectly safe.

What he does is this:

He throws a very lazy left straight and draws it back slowly , a little low and a little wide, purposely leaving a gap. He does it a few times. Why?

Rigo is giving his opponent a rhythm to latch onto , like a pendulum for example. Tick, tock ,tick , tock , tick , tock, etc

His opponent latches onto the rhythm and times Rigo for a shot straight down the pipe. What his opponent doesnt know is that Rigo is in perfect balance and is timing his opponents attack. He is poised. He knows whats comming

If you look at the angles...what will reach its target first? The straight right of his opponent or Rigos right hook ( lead hook )? Yep... Rigos right hook WINS because it has to travel the shortest amount of distance to the target ( head ) . The straight right has to travel longer. Remember Rigo is a Southpaw fighter.

Simple and very smart...like all top cubano fighters.

Rigo is the BOSS, plain and simple.

Such a great fighter
good post.
it's a perfect way to wind up on a shot as well, whilst giving the impression of leaving oneself open which distracts from the winding up.

this type of feinting is NOT particularly unusual for a Cuban fighter at all. i trained over there for a year and I do it. maybe not quite as good as Rigo, but hey...!
a lot of the time the Cubans give young boxers lessons/practice in chess, something the Klitschko's are rather fond of themselves. wonder why...?!