Thread: knuckle problem
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 08:21 PM
NearHypnos
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 11 NearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 39,544,944,743.89
Total Points: 63,045,445,205.80
thanks for the vid man - mellow_mood Great poster! - UTEP 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilducer22 View Post
I recently bought some new title handwraps and gloves and ive been using them for two weeks but ive notice my knuckles have been hurting like a bruising kind of pain and sometimes they crickle and crack moving them, what could be wrong, is it the gloves?

note: i am 19 years old i used to box but now i just do the workouts not fights, so i know how to wrap my hands and hit the bag properly but what could it be?
How do the gloves fit? I'm not a hand problem expert but there were times where I wore gloves that were too big and the outside of my hand hurt (outer pinky knuckle) and when I'd take them off it would be like a stretching bruising pain. Make sure your gloves arent to the point where they can kind if "slide" or "wiggle" on the edges of your hand and that they're tight enough around the wrist!!

It goes without saying that if your handwraps sre waaay too tight that once the pressure is relieved (they come off) it will also ache...

Try different gloves eith the same wraps, then maybe look into the wraps/method if it persists. Normally that should alleviate things so long as it's not punching form or some problem with the actual hands.

Sorry not an expert but trying to help from my personal experience. If you have a tub of rice or anything youncan stick your hand in and open/close it try to stretch your hand out see if it helps.