View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 04:00 PM
Weebler I
El Weeblerito I

Rep Power: 63 Weebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond reputeWeebler I has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 25,258,013,754.56
Total Points: 50,156,595,958,475.51
Ricky "The Hitman" Hatton - Freedom. We bicker a lot, are we brothers? Lol it's all in fun! Keeps the board alive - Atreyu Khalil have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier Happy holidays bro! - led* Top Poster - Dr Rumack 
Probably the most objective poster on this site. - Yosser Hughes Can't green so have this - Alx. Thanks - E.P.T. happy holidays, great poster - sugarsmosley super poster - jas 
Legend - jas 
Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - PensionKiller Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - bigsmoothh 

Joe's reponse:

Quote:
Jack Hirsch, one of America’s best-known boxing writers and a Ring 8 judge, said: “It wasn’t just Joe’s remarkable exploits in the ring that caused us to vote for him.

“He is an example to young boxers everywhere and we felt it was about time a non-American was given the kind of appreciation that we usually reserve for our own.”

An elated Calzaghe told me: “I regard this as a massive honour and I’m thrilled.

“It’s a pleasant feeling knowing what I did in my career hasn’t been forgotten.

“When I retired I didn’t think after nearly 30 years training, sparring and fighting I would miss boxing. How wrong I was. I miss it like crazy.”

When I expressed concern that it sounded as if Joe might be considering a comeback, he put my fears at rest.

Joe, 41 next month said: “There’s no chance of that happening.” Then, with a chuckle, he said: “Mind you, if someone offered me £20million.”

Calzaghe happens to be one of Froch’s greatest admirers and he said: “Carl has improved considerably in the last couple of years and seems to get better and better with age.”

But Joe couldn’t resist adding: “Carl will beat Kessler but he would never have beaten me.”

There’s little doubt that one day Calzaghe and Froch will be indicted into America’s Boxing Hall of Fame.