View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 03:49 PM
Saint G Groves
Up and Comer

Rep Power: 4 Saint G Groves has a reputation beyond reputeSaint G Groves has a reputation beyond reputeSaint G Groves has a reputation beyond reputeSaint G Groves has a reputation beyond reputeSaint G Groves has a reputation beyond reputeSaint G Groves has a reputation beyond reputeSaint G Groves has a reputation beyond reputeSaint G Groves has a reputation beyond reputeSaint G Groves has a reputation beyond reputeSaint G Groves has a reputation beyond reputeSaint G Groves has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 13,573.46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcsuper View Post
Bika is a beast and one of the most underrated fighter right now. However I don't want to see a rematch. Ward won last time and I think he would win even more clearly. However I would love to see Bika vs Froch/Kessler/Bute. I think he could beat Bute this time

It depends where the fight is held, outside of Oakland I'd have it a 50/50 fight. Unfortunately, Ward (like Sven Ottke back in the day) is clearly protected and given every advantage in Oakland, therefore Bika would have to win by KO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Boss Monies View Post
Bika made a fan out of me when he fought Calzaghe. Dude is a beast; I see him giving anybody from 168-175 problems. I'd definitely be into the rematch

I remember Calzaghe v Bika, that fight was closer than the scorecards suggested

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom. View Post
Both are very dirty fighters.

The shady California referee permitted Ward to foul as much as he wanted, but was quick to admonish Bika.

I thought Ward won, but the fight was closer than the scorecards indicated (I had it 115-113 Ward).

And without the ref helping Ward, Bika might have done well enough to deserve to win.

Great post, Ward is clearly protected in Oakland, which suits his style perfectly (allowing him to maul and cheat). Bika is game though, outside of Oakland I could see this fight going either way, the only problem is HBO have invested too much in Ward to see him lose a decision without them looking to profit from it, and Bika isn't profitable