View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 09:48 PM
FeFist
No.1

Rep Power: 20 FeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond reputeFeFist has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,989,202,105,920.19
Total Points: 4,118,871,039,819.87
Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil No Message - hectari 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - FeFist 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePunchingBag View Post
It's mostly mental partly physical.

It's not about hitting a target, but going through the target. Some guys naturally understand that concept while others don't. Some put themselves in a position to hit the target, others put themselves in a position to punch through the target. Speed, leverage, precision, and committing to the punch all play equal part. Too many guys I know are just satisfied with hitting something accurately instead of blowing through it. They're afraid of over committing.

My sifu always told me that guys with strong back muscles have real KO power if they knew how to use it properly.
Some fighters can't throw certain punches without over committing themselves, try throwing a punch like Mike Tyson for instance, the average Joe would throw himself off balance.