View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 06:53 PM
One_Man
Property Rights

Rep Power: 12 One_Man has a reputation beyond reputeOne_Man has a reputation beyond reputeOne_Man has a reputation beyond reputeOne_Man has a reputation beyond reputeOne_Man has a reputation beyond reputeOne_Man has a reputation beyond reputeOne_Man has a reputation beyond reputeOne_Man has a reputation beyond reputeOne_Man has a reputation beyond reputeOne_Man has a reputation beyond reputeOne_Man has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 2,000,149,847,640.52
I'm also counting down the days :fing02: - jose830 Thanks - Enayze 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonGuy View Post
I was listening to his response last night driving home. One of his statements stood out to me as being kinda outlandish borderline ridiculous:

"Let's simplify the tax code that way business can hire more people (I'm paraphrasing)" I was like, what is this kat talkin' bout? I fail to see the correlation between simplifying filling out a tax return and how a business might benefit so much by this that they can hire more people. I can see lower tax rates and saving businesses money that way but making it easier for them to comply with the tax laws is not gonna save them a tremendous amount of dough.
Considering that he is like anchorman...just reading off of a teleprompter, who knows whether he even understands what he said there. If he does, he may have implied saving some money on having corporate accountants on your payroll, which they need plenty of to find the companies loopholes to pay less in taxes. But that's robbing Peter to pay Paul. Eliminate the loopholes and there is less need to have full-time accountants, but you're paying more taxes without the loopholes.