View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 08:09 PM
LA_2_Vegas
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 11 LA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond reputeLA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond reputeLA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond reputeLA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond reputeLA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond reputeLA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond reputeLA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond reputeLA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond reputeLA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond reputeLA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond reputeLA_2_Vegas has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,000,501,346,847.78

I like Broner but I don't know if he will ever reach the pinnacle of Oscar, Floyd, or Manny. At some point, he's got to have a serious side of him come to light...there are some fluff pieces on HBO where he takes a different tone and talks about boxing so, as he matures, I'm sure he will have a chance to win over some people who aren't feeling him right now.

Floyd had the benefit of the Atlanta Olympics to set a foundation for himself, boxing was being shown in prime-time and Floyd was a name to watch. He had skills, a million dollar smile, and a semi-known last name that spans at least two generations of boxing fans, that makes a huge difference. Even with all that, it still took him about 10 years to get to this level.