View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 08:30 AM
AndMarvisIsDown
Up and Comer

Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 4,272.30

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan649 View Post
I started off questioning his ability due to (a usual australian tack of fighting imported Thai fighters) his early soft opposition and then grew to become a massive fan due to his huge heart and will. I have smilingly eaten humble pie, looking back at my opinion that he wouldnt make it overseas. Mike, i appreciate all you have done and you won over a doubting guy and turned him into a massive fan. May you have all the best for your health and future.
Well said. I was a doubter to begin with too but like Gatti, he proved over time that his heart and determination in the ring more than made up for anything else. In his prime he was about as good and entertaining a brawler as I've ever seen. Love the guy. I'm not sure he truly got the recognition he should have over here in Oz, on a big scale anyway, but that's maybe more to do with the (in my opinion) lack of coverage boxing gets over here. I'm gonna watch the Earl and Amonsot fights now.. Brilliant. It sounds real serious.. I truly hope he's ok. Here's to a legend of Aussie boxing, and I don't say that lightly.