View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 03:47 AM
edgarg
Honest BoxingScene posts

Rep Power: 33 edgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond reputeedgarg has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 25,738,602.50
Top Poster - WLAD OWNS one of boxingscene's best - Carnivore you're great poster - keep on setting them straight! - Freedom. your an excellent poster - happyman You're a tremendous poster. - Weltschmerz 
Again, great post man - Cuauhtémoc1520 So you can kiss up to Bob Arum better - ShoulderRoll For being a very knowledgeable poster! - PainfromUkraine for helping - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip Chudd View Post
This^^^^^

Man were people in overdrive hyping him when he knocked out Scott freaking Pemberton, let me repeat that name "SCOTT PEMBERTON!!". I remember it like yesterday cause I just moved to Florida and it was the first fight I watched down there and everyone I knew was hyping Lacy. People were laughing at me cause of course if you're black apparently you have to root for the black buy, but I was pulling for Joe to whoop this dude and boy did he deliver. That's still the best Calzaghe moment I remember, Joe made me so proud that night.
Scotty Pemberton was a good, very tough fighter in his day, a bit chinny, but was well past his peak by the time he fought Lacy. It was a very poor event to judge by. He must have been nearly 40 by then. His two fights with Omar Sheika finished him, tough, tough fights. I saw them both.

Pemberton was always going to KO or be KO'd . He was just that sort of fighter, got into the trenches right away.

He was a bit slow and awkward but brave.