View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 07:49 PM
thuggery
proper rock slanga'

Rep Power: 53 thuggery has a reputation beyond reputethuggery has a reputation beyond reputethuggery has a reputation beyond reputethuggery has a reputation beyond reputethuggery has a reputation beyond reputethuggery has a reputation beyond reputethuggery has a reputation beyond reputethuggery has a reputation beyond reputethuggery has a reputation beyond reputethuggery has a reputation beyond reputethuggery has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 7,295,065,489,744,006.00
Total Points: 7,313,197,490,019,727.00
Thanks.  Let see if this works. - sdcluser Thankyou for your compliment. - Rockin' love & peace - Lotus Flower Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks No Message - FkDaHtrs 
No Message - FkDaHtrs Haha thanks!  Here is a badass looking fish! - UglyPug Thanks man! - WARQUEZ Have a whopper!!!!! - E.P.T. one of boxingscene's best - Freedom. 
A legendary poster in the making. - WARQUEZ 4 some good luck coming your way - Rockin' destroying bandwagoners - .:: JSFD26 ::. already greened you, but props on posting that quote dissing c/w's - chiguy91 welcome back bro........ - bigsmoothh 
For a Toe to Toe poster! - LoadedWraps Good job! - Weltschmerz A brewski for a cool vato - hectari Merry Christmas - Freedom2013 i learned from the best, like you - Kuyukut 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - thuggery Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - thuggery Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - thuggery Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - thuggery Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - thuggery 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - thuggery Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - thuggery Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - thuggery Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - thuggery Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - thuggery 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - thuggery Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - thuggery Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - thuggery Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - thuggery Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - thuggery 
Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - thuggery Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - thuggery Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - thuggery Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - thuggery Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - thuggery 

BT: Do you think those issues are isolated to your managers, or do you feel like your promoter, Golden Boy, is partially responsible?

JK: I honestly feel when it comes to Golden Boy, I have nothing against them. I was asleep. If I know somebody who can make a ton of money and they're supposed to make this, and then if I offer him a dime when he's suppsed to be getting a quarter and he takes the dime, what harm is that in me? He's willing to take a dime and he doesn't know he's supposed to get a quarter, so, you know, if he wants to take it, who's going to be mad at me. He's happy, I'm happy; I get extra money and he's making extra money because the man took nothing for the fight. So everybody eats. Kirkland eats; he's happy with his money. It's like, come on, man. I'm not mad at them. I woke up, and I just feel that, at the end of the day, they should show respect and say, "Hey, you know what? Kirkland woke up. We got to treat him as a business man. We have to treat him like a professional. We can't railroad him." At the end of the day, I'm my own boss. Ann worked for me, Pops worked for me, Miller worked for me, Cameron worked for me; these people worked for me. These are not my bosses. At the end of the day, they felt that they were my bosses.

BT: So I take it a fight with Alvarez is still something that you're hoping for in the near future.

JK: I just want to let Alvarez know, if I have to go to his press conference and do one of Muhammad Ali's things, that's what I plan on doing. I plan on going wherever he's at, making a big ol' show, have my camera man and have people there to put everything on YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, whatever needs to be done to make this fight happen. I feel the Angulo fight should've happened a long time ago too.

BT: Angulo's back on the scene now. Have you seen any of his recent fights?

JK: I seen one of his recent fights. He looked good. I really feel that man is a true champion. I feel that I have an edge over him even more than ever, but I feel that he'll beat the majority of fighters that are champions now at 154. He's a sharpshooter, he knows how to bang, and if you put up the pressure, he's willing to dish it out. I give him praise. The dude's good, you know what I'm saying? But when I train and I give my best, I have something over him now that I beat him and I stopped him in the fight; now I have a bigger edge. Now I feel that I can make him think I'ma throw something and the man will **** in his pants. That's just because it's me. Not because it's anybody else; I feel that it's just me. That's just my ability to say that I can do that to him. The next man may get out there and everybody may feel he's better than me, and he [Angulo] will kick his ass. I feel that Alfredo Angulo will beat the **** out of Alvarez. I feel that. I feel that if they let that man go in there and they dish it out, I feel that he'll get him. That's just how I feel because that man's heart is as big as concrete. He's got a heart of gold, man, and he's willing to do it. He's a sharpshooter and you can't take that away from him. Alvarez, I feel that he has ability to stay calm, but I don't believe that, in tight situations, he's mature enough or knows what to do when those punches are harder than rocks, man, and you getting hit constantly. People allow him to back out of shots, they allow him to move in slow motion, they allow him to get off shots, keep his hands in; they not attacking and making the shots count. They're not doing that. Name one fighter that he's fought and done it. Or what fighter has he fought at 154 that hasn't moved up? All the people that he's fighting has moved up to 154. If they was a natural 154, they didn't train before the fight or they had to stay up underneath a certain weight. Come on, man.

BT: After the fight with Angulo, you faced Carlos Molina, who I personally thought was a bad matchup stylistically for you. Did you...

JK: (Cutting in) Hey, look, anybody that's fought Molina will tell you his style is nasty and it's a dirty style. If a referee allows him to do it, you might as well consider them brothers. The fact of the matter is if a referee allows a man to hold you more than 300 times in a fight without warning him, "Hey man, cut it out," if a man hasn't warned him once, it's a problem. Hey, that's his style, he knows how to use it and he tries to use it to his best ability, but I feel that if he was to throw and actually sit there and fight a real fight, hey, he can't take it. He can't take a punch. He holds every 10 seconds. He'll throw something and hold, throw something and hold, or headbutt in and hold. Even if you catching shots, it looks like the man is on top of the world. I don't know what he did when he fought ol' boy [Cory Spinks], but they said he dropped him. They said Cory Spinks was holding and they said Molina didn't fight the way that he fought you. If he tried to throw and mix with me, he got to understand I got firepower in both hands, so you not going to do that with me. You can do it with Spinks all day, but you're not going to do it with Kirkland.

BT: Are you back in the gym now or are you...

JK: (Cutting in) I'm full-time. This is what I do all day long; I'm in the gym. Now I have people coming up there, watching, and trying to figure out what Kirkland is looking forward to getting. I'm looking forward to getting a shot. I've been sitting out for 9 months. ****, who wants it? People say, "Kirkland, you haven't fought this person or that person. They could've been a lot more stronger, a lot more skilled." But everybody that I spar, they say, "I fought this person, I fought that person, and they don't have half of the power that you have." I just know that when I hit people, they find a certain type of respect or they find a certain way to cover their ass because they're not built for that. They're not built with the brass and metal to take this ****. I'm bangin! All I can say is, man, people that are calling me out, I have no one sending me any type of contracts or saying, "Kirkland, you wanna fight this or fight that." I have no one doing that. I definitely want to fight.

BT: How's the arm feeling now?

JK: I'm going to be honest with you, ever since the amateurs, my arm has been popping out of the socket, and over the years, it just got worser, and worser, and worser. After the surgery, my arm seems like it's a little bit longer. It's stiff and it's hard and it hurts. Everybody that I done sparred since the surgery said, "That **** hurts, man!" I beat on that ass, boy!

BT: No doubt! Well when you do get everything resolved, is there any chance that you and Ann may reunite, or have you already begun the search for a new trainer?

JK: I ain't mad at nobody, man. Ann Wolfe, I'm not going to take anything from her because she's an outstanding and excellent conditioning coach. It's just that, hey, me and her just haven't found a time to talk. I basically told her and her family Happy New Years, and she basically shot the same thing back at me. So I wouldn't say that me and her got any bad vibes or anything bad like that. I just feel that I should be able to use any coach that I want to. I may want to use Ann Wolfe in this camp. I might want to say, "Hey, you know what? Ann wolfe, I want to use you, and I also want to use this cat right here." We can split the percentages or the money and work it to a certain standard to where, you know, it'll work out and be fair, but I don't feel that I should be able to say, "You know what? I want to use this dude, but if I'm not using Ann Wolfe, I still gotta pay Ann all her money and I have to find a way to pay this other cat." I don't feel that that's fair, you know.

BT: You haven't brought any other trainers in yet though, right?

JK: Not yet. You know Robert Garcia?

BT: Yep.

JK: He's definitely going to be added to my work list, regadless of whatever team I end up being with.

BT: So you're up for heading out to Oxnard, California to work with Robert Garcia?

JK: I would go to Spain to work with that dude. It doesn't matter where he go. That dude right there is the real deal and any fighter who has used him, they're going to vouch for him. Anybody that he has worked with, the proof is in the pudding. I don't even have to say nothing on that. He came to me and said, "Kirkland, whenever you're ready, I'm going to stop what I'm doing and we're going to make it happen." I've been dealing with him and knowing him since Vegas, when I was staying in Vegas. You know, I got a bunch of different people, good sources, people just willing to help in so many different ways.

BT: How soon do you think you'll be able to get things resolved so you can back in the ring? Is it just a matter of sitting down with Golden Boy and figuring things out?

JK: That's part of it. I feel like if I sit down and talk with Golden Boy, we can resolve something, but I guess they wanted to talk to Ann and Pops and Cameron; they wanted to talk to them because they felt they could get me down to a certain amount of money for a fight or this and that. But they was telling me some good numbers. I heard some numbers they said about a 1-year deal and some stuff like that. I said, hey, absolutely, it looks awesome, but I've never seen anything in black and white. I'm not believing in **** until I see it in black and white. I'm kind of hurt because the situation happened. At the end of the day, I might have to file bankruptcy. I mean, I'm at a stand still right now to where I have nothing. I've basically been sitting out 9 months. Who's been paying my bills? What has Kirkland been doing to get his bills taken care of?

Last edited by thuggery; 02-08-2013 at 07:58 PM.