View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 12:41 PM
Simurgh
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 11 Simurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 102,048,098,700.25
Happy New Year - Freedom. one of boxingscene's best posters - Freedom. Merry Christmas & Happy New Year - Freedom2013 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAB5239 View Post
If you're old and past your prime you should retire. If you're still considered one of the best you should be fighting other top rated fighters.

The only time its ok to duck a top challenger is when you've already beaten him as champion and there are stronger fighters to fight. For instance, there was no need for the second Wlad-Thompson fight. I would have been fine with Wlad taking on another top 10 contender.
I agree it's for the best to retire. But I won't blame Holyfield for trying to squeeze some $$ and not be badly beaten by Price for example.