View Single Post
Old 02-03-2013, 09:07 PM
Panamaniac
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 10 Panamaniac has a reputation beyond reputePanamaniac has a reputation beyond reputePanamaniac has a reputation beyond reputePanamaniac has a reputation beyond reputePanamaniac has a reputation beyond reputePanamaniac has a reputation beyond reputePanamaniac has a reputation beyond reputePanamaniac has a reputation beyond reputePanamaniac has a reputation beyond reputePanamaniac has a reputation beyond reputePanamaniac has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,000,092,373.50
It was private before, fixed it. - HaglerSteelChin 

As a result of his winning trilogy against Ingo (Ingemar Johansson), I became a fan of Floyd Patterson just before "Cassius Marcellus Clay" burst upon the boxing landscape. He captured my imagination in short order as he went on to predict the round in which he would dispose of his opponents with "poetry" as in "they all must fall in the round I call." I also remember inside-the-ring routines with Drew "Bundini" Brown like "Rumble, young man, rumble, ahhhh" and "Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee, your hands can't hit what your eyes can't see." The media gave him nicknames like "The Louisville Lip" and "Gaseous Cassius."