View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 02:40 PM
res
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 23 res has a reputation beyond reputeres has a reputation beyond reputeres has a reputation beyond reputeres has a reputation beyond reputeres has a reputation beyond reputeres has a reputation beyond reputeres has a reputation beyond reputeres has a reputation beyond reputeres has a reputation beyond reputeres has a reputation beyond reputeres has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 107,806,631.78
Thanks for your help! - Bendigo To the 80's cartoons. - WTFBALLZ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by el*** View Post
I dont normally buy into fighters being afraid of other fighters. But something is weird with Foreman-Tyson.

The commentators are always talking about that fight during foreman and tyson fights of that era and Foreman is on video talking about that fight a lot. But you NEVER hear Tyson saying anything about it. There was huge demand for this fight, it would have been an easy fight to make and Don King always found ways to make the big fights, it wasnt like it is today with TR and GBP.

Tyson never talking about it seems to me like he didnt want the fight.
I agree with this. From the time Tyson was a kid he had D'amato and Jacobs feeding Boxing history into his head, watching the old footage . You get the sense that those fighters really became larger than life for him, almost like demigods, and there is a sense in which Tyson never really grew up.

I don't even think it was so much a rational assessment of his prospects against old Foreman that was the issue, I think it was Foreman the fearful historical titan, the unbeatable monster that could only be tamed by "the great Muhammed Ali " that he was reacting to.

Last edited by res; 02-02-2013 at 03:48 PM.