View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 07:28 AM
HaglerSteelChin
Self-Exiled

Rep Power: 10 HaglerSteelChin has a reputation beyond reputeHaglerSteelChin has a reputation beyond reputeHaglerSteelChin has a reputation beyond reputeHaglerSteelChin has a reputation beyond reputeHaglerSteelChin has a reputation beyond reputeHaglerSteelChin has a reputation beyond reputeHaglerSteelChin has a reputation beyond reputeHaglerSteelChin has a reputation beyond reputeHaglerSteelChin has a reputation beyond reputeHaglerSteelChin has a reputation beyond reputeHaglerSteelChin has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 21,595,800.96
Total Points: 41,698,233.90
gizmo - HaglerSteelChin No Message - HaglerSteelChin No Message - HaglerSteelChin right back at you girly man - E.P.T. sleep on this while you think about Hagler - E.P.T. 
Cheers, thanks for the gesture - A-Wolf 

Quote:
Originally Posted by House of Stone View Post
DOn King actually wanted to make a Tyson v Foreman fight. He thought it would be a nice easy fight for Mike and a real big pay day. Tyson supposidely freaked when Don mentioned it.

Fact is Tyson didn't fancy a foreman fight. In fact one of the big motivations for george was his desire for a tyson fight, I think he had images of frazier in his head when he watched Tyson. And Cus had always hamered into Tyson that Foreman annihilates anybody of his style/build i.e. ... frazier/marciano/Tyson. Mike never forgot that.

But Bowe? No no fear of Bowe
Agreed. I remember going through Tyson's career a few years ago, and Tyson seem to be concerned by both Holyfield and Foreman. Foreman always felt Tyson never gave him a shot. In fact, i remember one interview when Larry Merchant had to repeat the Foreman name, as Tyson said "excuse me." Foreman had a very good winning streak in 1987-1989 to merit a shot. Tyson gave Holmes a crack in 1988, this is after Holmes had a two year hiatus, and coming off two losses(although i disagree with the Spinks rematch decision).

Tyson in an interview he did with Ali and Leonard in the Arsenio Hall show would admit that guys like "Earnie Shavers and George Foreman were bigger punchers than me." He called them "killers." He understood Foreman even at his old age was a threat. One of the few things that remains with fighters as they age is their power.

Last edited by HaglerSteelChin; 02-02-2013 at 02:42 PM.