View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 03:37 PM
joseph5620
undisputed

Rep Power: 20 joseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,942,347,701,526.14
Total Points: 13,985,352,821,809.90
a knowledgeable poster - Carnivore Great Poster! - Barnburner I would say you have the IQ of a rodent. But that would be an insult to the rodent.. - Unknown Champ quality posts - Stokely cheers mate - The Noose 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JAB5239 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rightsideup View Post
I guess I am refering to the vito a draw for the title, duran defense and the loss to leonard. Do you people feel like he had the tools to do better in these fights as he did in the hearns fight?

Watching it, I thought Hagler thoroughly outboxed Antuofermo. The draw scorecard was a bad joke to me because I didn't think it was a close fight. In the Leonard fight Hagler was not the same Hagler he was in prime in terms of his reflexes. Combining that with Leonard's speed, which always would have been a Leonard advantage, Hagler looked old, slow, confused at times, and he lost the fight legitimately in my opinion. He also might have been a little tight early in that fight. Leonard has made comments about how Hagler was acting out of character in the ring before the introductions and I noticed that he was when I watched it.

I think in the Duran fight many were expecting Hagler to run right through Duran. Duran's skills prevented that but I thought Duran clearly lost. But the skill of Duran was more of a factor than Hagler tightening up in my opinion.

I personally think it's mostly a matter of styles and Hagler did what he could and needed to do. But in that Leonard fight Hagler did seem tight early.