View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 06:34 AM
LowBlowKO
Contender

Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 9,675.40

Anyone else think both are too American Centric? When was the last time either had a fight from Asia or Europe as their fight of the year? (From memory bother had Somsak Sithchatchawal KO 10 Mahyar Monshipour as their 2006 Fight of the Year). Ditto round of the year (Ring gave it to the final round of the previously mentioned Sithchatchawal v Monshipour bout). I understand that both have to appeal to both the US fans and US promoters but come of. Fights like Hernandez v Porpramook I and Yaegashi v Porpramook both deserved serious mentions.

Ring Magazine brought back the prospect of the year award in 2011 and both have those have gone to US fighters. Whilst both winners were solid there were great prospects from around the world who deserved a shout.

Not sure who they had as the upset though Jaro v Wonjongkam and Rodriguez v Joyi are surely the two stand out choices, though I'd be surprised if they picked either of those.

I want the boxing press to report about all boxing (one of the better things about Boxingscene) not just the US boxing scene.