View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 02:38 AM
Cupo303
Kovalev is neXt

Rep Power: 42 Cupo303 has a reputation beyond reputeCupo303 has a reputation beyond reputeCupo303 has a reputation beyond reputeCupo303 has a reputation beyond reputeCupo303 has a reputation beyond reputeCupo303 has a reputation beyond reputeCupo303 has a reputation beyond reputeCupo303 has a reputation beyond reputeCupo303 has a reputation beyond reputeCupo303 has a reputation beyond reputeCupo303 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 20,115,309,494,995.33
Total Points: 23,180,486,612,272.49
have a beer - AL YANKAB*TCH Wladimir Klitschko the WBA WBO IBF IBO Ring Champion - Freedom. Happy 5k posts, to one of the more intelligent posters! - *Boss Lady* Happy 5015th post! - Flab One of the best posters out there - Superflo777 
one of boxingscene's best - Freedom. one of the best - sugarsmosley 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - bearman3000 

Quote:
Originally Posted by led* View Post
------
Water-Powered Vehicles

Despite how silly it sounds, water-fueled vehicles do exist. The most famous is Stan Meyer’s dune buggy, which achieved 100 miles per gallon and might have become more commonplace had Meyer not succumbed to a suspicious brain aneurysm at 57. Insiders have loudly claimed that Meyer was poisoned after he refused to sell his patents or end his research. Fearing a conspiracy, his partners have all but gone underground (or should we say underwater?) and taken his famed water-powered dune buggy with them. We just hope someone finally brings back the amphibious car.
I don't know how water-fueled vehicles would work in the long run. I did read somewhere that the Japanese are working on one.

But I don't like the idea that water is used as fuel for driving. After all, there is plenty of demand for water in other areas, I.E. drinking it above all else. How much would be wasted trying to support millions and millions of cars. Same with corn being used for ethanol.

The same way I would give up eating a cow if it threatened Milk. We get a two-for-one special out of animals like Chicken and Cow. With the first, we get to eat an egg, and we get to kill the chicken and eat it too. With the cow, we drink it's milk and then we can kill it and eat it. That's all fine and well.

I like Oil/gasoline for cars. You can't drink it, you can't eat it, you can't use it to sprinkle plants/gardens with it. It has it's sole purpose in a industrial society. Energy.