View Single Post
Old 01-29-2013, 05:27 AM
Sugarj
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 19 Sugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond reputeSugarj has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,030,078,070.73
For being a cool poster - -IronMike- beer for a good poster - led Top Poster. - Barnburner Great info in the running thread. - Barnburner for the excellent race time (Its new running shoes!) - The Surgeon 
for invaluable advice in the training forum - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rightsideup View Post
I am going to say the second schemling fight. anyone disagree?
Well its certainly the most dominant performance over another legendary heavyweight (on paper). But for me Schmelling wasn't himself that night......he seemed depleted by the occasion and didn't even attempt anything other than one right hand cross in return.

Max Baer clearly was pretty scared of Louis before a punch was thrown too. He wasn't the super-confident guy who tore into Schmelling and Carnera a few years before. Another great on paper win though!

But Louis's best win for me was the return with Jersey Joe Walcott. It wasn't Louis's best performance being post prime, though the knockout was terrific, vintage Louis. But 'that' version of Walcott was clearly at the peak of his powers and was (for me) vastly superior to any Louis opponent up to that point.