View Single Post
Old 01-27-2013, 07:20 PM
Ray Corso
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 14 Ray Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 11,000,066,728.54
Listen to Ray, he knows boxing - valero Knowledgable poster - Weltz Knowledgeable - Beercules invaluable to the training forum - jas 

The expression "high ring IQ" is used for a fighter that has alot of experience (and he's good) ! A 'natural" is someone with a high IQ who has inherit qualities like reflexes, balance, great vision without alot or any experience!
I had a young kid in the early 80s who's dad played football and boxed with me in the 60s. I gave the kid a shot at boxing and he won the states, regional, and national event by watching videos of Sugar Ray and Willie Pep! I had Gaspar Ortega school him on inside fighting and he sparred about 10 rounds. Never did road work, never hit a bag, never jumped rope, worked about 40 rounds of pads to put his combinations together so we could communicate and that was it! He was 12 yrs old and was defeating kids with 50 to 70 bouts! I took him to Johnny Davenports (R.I.P) all star show in Jersey and he fought a kid 2 yrs older who was a Regional Champion and won "Outstanding Boxer" award!! At the end of the summer he quit and I never saw him again!!! Thats a "natural", the kid was "Great" even better than a Klitz Bro. hahahaha!!! High IQ and Naturals are the most fun to watch unless your a survivor like Bernard, his IQ has let him last but he doesn't come to box or fight, he comes to get paid and make claims! Ray.