View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 09:55 PM
verybuff
Up and Comer

Rep Power: 6 verybuff has a reputation beyond reputeverybuff has a reputation beyond reputeverybuff has a reputation beyond reputeverybuff has a reputation beyond reputeverybuff has a reputation beyond reputeverybuff has a reputation beyond reputeverybuff has a reputation beyond reputeverybuff has a reputation beyond reputeverybuff has a reputation beyond reputeverybuff has a reputation beyond reputeverybuff has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 13,055.31

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetwaves View Post
If you're insinuating that Floyd is afraid of Canelo, I'll have to disagree. Personally, I think one of two things could be going on:

1. Floyd doesn't want to lock himself into anything. Doesn't want to be told he's going to be fighting Canelo in September. Wants to feel like "the boss" who gets to fight whoever the **** he wants whenever the **** he wants.

2. Floyd is concerned about the possibility that Trout - if he is indeed Canelo's opponent - will beat Alvarez and then be seemingly in line to fight him. Believe me, Trout's a stiffer test for Floyd than Canelo is. Alvarez is too green and would be likely be outboxed and made to look like a fool. Trout, on the other hands, is a tall, lanky southpaw technician who could very well outbox Floyd because of his size advantage. And Trout's in his prime.

Keep in mind, Alvarez just two fights ago had a shot-to-**** Mosley run into his punches for 12 rounds and couldn't stop him. Couldn't even outwork him at times. Floyd's too fast and too slick to be troubled by anything Canelo has shown he can do. And that's coming from someone who thinks Canelo will turn out to be the "real deal", but who also thinks he's been babied and hasn't proven himself.
I pretty much agree with everything said here. I just wanted to add more to #2 If Trout were to fight Canelo and beat him. Trout and Floyd will never happen because they both are managed by Al Haymon. And its a high risk low reward fight for Floyd anyway. Floyd would never make any kind of guarantee anyway. I still believe he is only going to fight in May this year anyway. If you remember he originally said he was going to fight in December of 2012. As a fan I would like to see him face a more deserving opponent other than Guerrero or Canelo. I don't know how beating Berto gives you a shot a Floyd. It happened with Ortiz as well. He should just close out his career in 2013 and fight Martinez in September. Beating Guerrero and Canelo does nothing for his legacy.