View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 06:12 PM
BostonGuy
Emeritus Champion

Rep Power: 200000 BostonGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBostonGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBostonGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBostonGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBostonGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBostonGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBostonGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBostonGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBostonGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBostonGuy has a reputation beyond reputeBostonGuy has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 118,862,484,792,972,903,710,720.00
thanks BG, meng I'm really hoping Cotto pulls out some 'old school Cotto' body shots in the early rounds, hopefully maravilla's knees are not back 100% lol - -jose- Thanks - Weltz thank you for always helping a brother out - ~BoZz~ Finest Boxingscene Moderator - Weltschmerz Thanks for the green :love: - Beercules 
this one is on me - RINGG A fair mod! - Pigeons thanks BG :fing02: appreciate it! - -jose- here homie, have a burger, i shitted on it just the way you like it, lol, take care you crazy azzhole, lol, i couldnt green k your azz fool, lol, nyahahaha, fukkin rascist website - Tha_Greatest Posting - Scott-Weiland 
:beerchug: - -jose- one black cup of jose...I mean joe lol cheers! - -jose- Beterbiev - wladavit lmaooo!!! - -jose- what up BG, took my son to his first football game Sunday at MetLife he hada blast, just wanted to share with my homie BG - -jose- 
Hopefully with a bit of luck,that back pain eases. - HughJass Happy thanksgiving. - HughJass Happy Thanksgiving jefe! - -jose- appreciate the vote 'jefe' - -jose- :beerchug: you da man - Beercules 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Gay and Lesbian Pride - Risty World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 

I've been summoned three times. I've been empaneled once and sat for a two day trial. I took it seriously but my fellow jurors seemed like they just wanted to get it over with and go home.

Quick synopsis of the trial: African American young man who was charged with illegal firearms possession. The gun was in the passenger seat of a vehicle he was traveling in. There was several cops that testified that saw the gun in his possession and it seemed like a pretty cut and dry case to me. The defense lawyer played the DNA card though - it was a small gun and they couldn't get a print and defense lawyer noted that fact and "it had no DNA on it." Well, why the f*ck would the gun have DNA on it? The guy wasn't bleeding, he didn't spit or sh1t on the gun.

So the defense and prosecution wrap up their closing arguments and the judge then picked two jury alternates - I think it was 10 or 12 jurors. And guess what? I got picked as an alternate. So I was not able to deliberate with the other jurors as they put us in separate rooms.

Next, the judge brings jury in the courtroom , including the two alternates, and asks "do you have a verdict?" "Yes, we do." "Please read the verdict on the charges (the guy was charged with resisting arrest as well)" "We the jury find the defendant - NOT GUILTY on the illegal firearms possession...

What I think happened was - (and no offense to anyone); when the defense and prosecution was choosing the jury, the defense lawyer saw this guy who he thought would be sympathetic. The guy was a ghey black dude who probably had been picked on his whole life.

He was the guy who held out and the other jurors (who seemed like they couldn't be arsed and just wanted to go home) probably just said "f*ck it, we can't bothered."

That's my experience. If I had been given a chance to deliberate I would have argued to find the guy guilty.