View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 04:53 PM
Shadow boxer 3
Ain't no half steppin'

Rep Power: 34 Shadow boxer 3 has a reputation beyond reputeShadow boxer 3 has a reputation beyond reputeShadow boxer 3 has a reputation beyond reputeShadow boxer 3 has a reputation beyond reputeShadow boxer 3 has a reputation beyond reputeShadow boxer 3 has a reputation beyond reputeShadow boxer 3 has a reputation beyond reputeShadow boxer 3 has a reputation beyond reputeShadow boxer 3 has a reputation beyond reputeShadow boxer 3 has a reputation beyond reputeShadow boxer 3 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 7,047,704,634,901.99
Total Points: 7,047,704,662,598.74
Congrats on 1K. Have a treat homey. - mangler Cool cat, good poster - mangler for the family. - Ether Happy early Birthday :) :wave: - *Boss Lady* i like your avatar - zab191 
:kiss: - Bossy 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mangler Childhood Cancer - Breakbeat Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JM1 Childhood Cancer - Dorian Head and Neck Cancer - -Ash- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Bringer View Post
I haven't decided if I want to attempt to serve on the jury or make an effort to get pinged by the defense lawyer yet.

On the one hand, it's a pretty unique civic experience that, if selected, I take very seriously.

But on the other hand, if I get picked to serve I'll end up having to spend at least a week or two conversating with (and pretending to like) my fellow jurors which, given my location, will most likely consist of Bible thumping conservative rednecks who think that Obama is the antichrist and abortion is murder.

Furthermore - The compensation. 30 bucks a day? Really? I mean, I don't expect them to pay me what my actual job pays me, but couldn't they at least make it minimum wage, FFS?
this was the main reason why i decided to get out of it. i didn't really mind the actual jury duty because that's an experience many wont have. not to sound full of myself but my time was more valuable then what they were going to pay especially for something that important.

Last edited by Shadow boxer 3; 01-26-2013 at 04:58 PM..