View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 04:50 PM
Panamaniac
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 10 Panamaniac has a reputation beyond reputePanamaniac has a reputation beyond reputePanamaniac has a reputation beyond reputePanamaniac has a reputation beyond reputePanamaniac has a reputation beyond reputePanamaniac has a reputation beyond reputePanamaniac has a reputation beyond reputePanamaniac has a reputation beyond reputePanamaniac has a reputation beyond reputePanamaniac has a reputation beyond reputePanamaniac has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,000,096,798.90
It was private before, fixed it. - HaglerSteelChin 

The first time I became aware of boxing was through my father who was an avid Joe Louis fan. I was indifferent to the 'sweet science' until Floyd Patterson became the youngest man to win the heavyweight title. I was first intrigued, then became a fan as a result of his epic trilogy with Ingemar Johansson. When "Cassius Clay" burst upon the scene, I became an avid fan myself.

Meanwhile, names like Isidro Martinez, Julio Ruiz, Hector Hicks, Humberto Trottman, Jorge Quintero, Eloy Henry, Jesus Santamaria, Justiniano Aguilar, Benjamin Lewis, Ismael Laguna,* etc. were featured at the boxing venues of Panama.

*Second Panamanian to become world champion (first was Panama Al Brown in 1923, who was also the first Latin American to become world champion).

Last edited by Panamaniac; 01-26-2013 at 04:53 PM.