View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 04:13 PM
DIB42
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 15 DIB42 has a reputation beyond reputeDIB42 has a reputation beyond reputeDIB42 has a reputation beyond reputeDIB42 has a reputation beyond reputeDIB42 has a reputation beyond reputeDIB42 has a reputation beyond reputeDIB42 has a reputation beyond reputeDIB42 has a reputation beyond reputeDIB42 has a reputation beyond reputeDIB42 has a reputation beyond reputeDIB42 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 22,222,461,428.46
Total Points: 22,272,547,465.42

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
I rather kids be exposed and accustomed to real violence like boxing than that lame exaggerated fictitious trash you see in martial arts and actions movies, video games, tv shows, etc
With boxing I can explain to her that these people have agreed to this as sport, and they tend to hug/shake hands after the fight. As opposed to ficticious martial arts films (which I wouldn't watch with her, but also she would not be interested in.)

Though it seems like she understands this concept, she also turns into a puppy and tries to scratch her ear with her feet while barking at me.... sooooooooo there may be a maturity issue here.

I feel this ultimately comes down to good parenting, but part of good parenting is restricting things your child is not emotionally ready to handle, no matter how well you try to explain it to them, and I'm thinking boxing could very well be one of those things. Oddly enough this never occurred to me until she started playing with my mitts and my gloves... (cute unrelated story - she wanted to sleep with some of my gloves, kind of like stuffed animals in the bed and whatnot... but I had to explain to her that they're pretty yucky, and bought her a pair of her own gloves, that she keeps in her bed.)