View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 01:07 PM
joseph5620
undisputed

Rep Power: 20 joseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond reputejoseph5620 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,231,146,966,334.60
Total Points: 14,274,152,088,594.93
a knowledgeable poster - Carnivore Great Poster! - Barnburner I would say you have the IQ of a rodent. But that would be an insult to the rodent.. - Unknown Champ quality posts - Stokely cheers mate - The Noose 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JAB5239 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony342 View Post
When did you discover boxing? When did you become a fan? Who was the fighter that made you a fan of the sport? For me, it was watching boxing on ABC and NBC at times as a kid, but became a bigger fan when I started watching more of it on HBO and seeing fighters like Leonard, Hagler, Holmes, Tyson and later Holyfield. What was the first big fight you watched? For me, it was Leonard-Hagler. Watching Tyson and later Holyfield become heavyweight champion made me a fan for life.

Do you guys still have the passion for the sport you had when you discovered it? It started to wane for me in the late '90s, then was reignited watching guys like Cotto, Gatti, and Mayweather on DVD.

I of course discovered a lot of the old films of guys like Louis, Robinson, Demsey and Marciano, at which point he became my favorite and that's why he's now my avatar.
I've been a boxing fan since I was about six years old. My Dad would buy boxing magazines like "KO" "Boxing illustrated" and "Ring" and leave them around the house. I started reading them when I was no more than 6 or 7 years old and after that I was hooked. By the time I was about 11 or 12 I started reading up on the 70's since I was not around for that era and I became even more fascinated by the sport and the different styles that boxers presented. I started reading up on boxing's best in history which influenced me always to equally appreciate defense as much as offense(hit and not get hit) and fighters like Willie Pep, Ali(60's), and Pernell Whitaker, fascinated me and basically established the type of styles I enjoy watching the most. A lot of the The PPV fights in the 90's actually had quality undercards and to me there is nothing more exciting in sports than watching a quality PPV boxing event.

To sum it up, I've been a boxing fan most of my life.