View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 09:44 AM
jabsRstiff
! ! ! !

Rep Power: 4032 jabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond reputejabsRstiff has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 123,155,625,418.64
Total Points: 123,155,635,585.56

I followed boxing a little when I was very young. I liked Ray Leonard and watched him take the title from Wilfred Benitez. I still wasn't a real fan just yet. Then my father told me there was a fight on television with the guy Benitez who Leonard beat, and he was going for his third title. So, I actually made a point to watch it. When Benitez landed that ferocious right on poor Mo Hope, something just clicked in me. I was mesmerized and hooked from that point on. It also helped that my mother worked for a company that was the main distributor of magazines in the Philadelphia area- she had been bringing boxing mags home and I started reading them the day after the Benitez fight. This made me go from boxing fan to boxing NUT.

I think it helped that I got into boxing when there was a true abundance of great, exciting fighters and great, exciting fights.....on television just about every weekend. The hype for Leonard-Hearns was in full swing, Sanchez-Gomez was right around the corner, and the build up for Holmes-Cooney was starting to kick in.

Last edited by jabsRstiff; 01-25-2013 at 09:46 AM.