View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 08:56 AM
hayZ
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 13 hayZ has a reputation beyond reputehayZ has a reputation beyond reputehayZ has a reputation beyond reputehayZ has a reputation beyond reputehayZ has a reputation beyond reputehayZ has a reputation beyond reputehayZ has a reputation beyond reputehayZ has a reputation beyond reputehayZ has a reputation beyond reputehayZ has a reputation beyond reputehayZ has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 2,000,035,485,838.80
links - Sir TomJones for posting the truth about Zionism - Freedom. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by halffttime View Post
reply to hayz ^

no offense taken, i know i'm heavy and i am trying to lose it. like i said earlier i've been trying to lose this for a while now and it's only until these past 2 weeks where i've noticed it on the scale.

when i first started going to the gym again, i'll admit i lacked big time in cardio. since i've got back on the skip rope (back when i was 18 this is how i got to 170lbs), and i'm in love with it again. i find myself doing some new "tricks" and picked it up pretty fast, although i gotta pick up more speed and gotta stop missing the rope. also, one other thing i haven't mentioned yet is i'm recovering from a knee injury. this past june i twisted it and couldn't walk for a good month. no broken bones, just a torn ligament (i think?). there is still a feeling of discomfort and very minor pain on it, i feel it mostly on lateral movements. it also prevents me atleast for now, to run FULL SPEED.

diet. my diet has been pretty consistent since the holidays. in terms of knowledge diet is my weakness. i'm definitely eating under maintenance if i had to guess, probably under 500cals right now. i take a protein shake, eat mostly chicken/fish/beef, i try to stay with brown carbs but once a day i will have a small portion of white rice (can't resist that *****). i'm taking multivitamin, ultra fiber, and fish oil as well. i'm eating low carbs right now and starting to feel it in my workouts. the energy is there, but i'm not feeling as strong as i feel i should be (except for deadlifts). i don't know if i mentioned earlier but i believe i also have a very slow metabolism.

here's exactly how my day went today:

brunch - boiled 7 ounce chicken, 1 and a half slice of brown pita bread
snack - 2 scoops of protein shake
pre gym - small portion of white rice, about 8 ounces of tilapia
post gym - about 1 cup of cottage cheese, half a slice of brown pita bread

3pm - 30 minute skip rope
930pm - shoulder workout for 45 minutes, skip rope for an hour
You will defo lose weight simply because of how little you are eating and how much below you are to the usual calories needed a day between 1800-2000. 500 is nothing mate, you can definitely eat more than that and lose weight especially because you are already at a high weight, so trying to maintain your current weight you would need calories well in excess of 2000. If I was you, I'd get to about 1500-1600 calories (IF you don't want to sacrifice your muscle mass/strength) because your body will wear out because you simply aren't getting enough nutrients in you. Get some tuna, some vegetables, PLENTY of water (if your body is dehydrated you will burn fat a lot slower), some salmon, some fruit. You can have some white rice aslong as it fits in your macros which it most def does at the moment. MAKE sure you are having enough protein though and ensure you have enough carbs to get you through your workout and at least so you don't feel dead all the time, you need fats as well because if you lack fat in your diet then it decreases your testosterone.

You would be burning a lot of those calories that you are taking in also, so if you only consume 500 calories and you work out, your body will break down sooner or later. Get some more quality food in you, introduce cardio and since your knee is hurting maybe try swimming or the crosstrainer/bike/heavy bag which put less pressure on your knee compared to the standard skipping/treadmill.

You have a good work ethic though, good to see.