View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 09:00 PM
hayZ
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 14 hayZ has a reputation beyond reputehayZ has a reputation beyond reputehayZ has a reputation beyond reputehayZ has a reputation beyond reputehayZ has a reputation beyond reputehayZ has a reputation beyond reputehayZ has a reputation beyond reputehayZ has a reputation beyond reputehayZ has a reputation beyond reputehayZ has a reputation beyond reputehayZ has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 2,000,035,496,279.86
links - Sir TomJones for posting the truth about Zionism - Freedom. 

Your workout is pretty decent for building strength and packing on some muscle but didn't you say you wanted to drop your BF% down? Since you weigh quite a lot for someone who is 5"10 (no offence).

I would say do compound movements and start some cardio and you haven't mentioned your diet also. I have heard GREAT things about intermittent fasting and you should give it ago man. I've been doing it and have lost a lot of weight that way.

Get some running, skipping, heavy bag in there and use the crosstrainer as well...rack up the incline/resistance on it and you will get a nice leg workout if you are going at a good pace with a good incline/resistance. You have good strength at the moment tbh, when you cut you may lose it a bit it really depends how your body reacts to it and how big you already are.

At the moment, what I am doing for my weight loss:

5 minute warmup stretch
1 round of just shadow boxing
50 rows (rowing machine)
3-4 sets of dips
3-4 sets of pull ups
50 rows
15 minutes on the treadmill with incline HIIT training (google it)
15 minutes on the bike
20 minutes on the crosstrainer
50 rows
3 rounds on the heavy bag
Finish off trying to do as many pressups as I can.

Pretty much circuit training, kind of what boxers do. I could do some skipping but I am waiting for knee to heal up a bit.

On ocassion, I do some dumbell incline presses but I don't go too heavy because it's a bit weird on my wrist, I prefer doing the flat or incline bench press. Should squat/deadlift but they are a bit tough on my back and I don't want to risk it especially because most people in my family have back injuries.

I play football (soccer) so I get a good leg workout there combined with the **** load of resistance training/walking I do on a daily basis, plus legs/shoulders/triceps are by far my strongest muscle groups naturally. I am going to get back to my proper weight lifting regiment once I shed the body fat, from the results I am seeing on my self I don't seem to be losing muscle..visibly anyway and I am feeling fitter than ever.