View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 08:39 AM
luke1979
Contender

Rep Power: 5 luke1979 has a reputation beyond reputeluke1979 has a reputation beyond reputeluke1979 has a reputation beyond reputeluke1979 has a reputation beyond reputeluke1979 has a reputation beyond reputeluke1979 has a reputation beyond reputeluke1979 has a reputation beyond reputeluke1979 has a reputation beyond reputeluke1979 has a reputation beyond reputeluke1979 has a reputation beyond reputeluke1979 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 40,051.54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnburner View Post
Yeah.

Nothing too interesting happened.

Made me a little more confident I guess, and it was something I really enjoyed.

Unfortunately broke my wrist in my second fight (two right hands colliding), said to the ref I was fine, tried to use one hand, got the crap beat out of me. TKO2.

Got back into it, was looking for a fight for 4 months, repeated cancellations and what, opponents not turning up etc. Got bored and quit to worry about my education instead. Hopefully going to get back into it in July or something.
Well done! You didn't quit. I think you should take confidence from that, on paper who wouldn't?

You know what you did! .... and through the passage of time, hopefully in your estimation when compared to.... and among all of things you have yet to achieve it will rank highly and gain more significance.

In that moment, observed or not by others you saw and felt, first hand what you did... and you can take pride and self respect from that.

Again, well done.