View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 08:26 PM
Danny Gunz
Smokin'

Rep Power: 61 Danny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 9,831,371,202,246.03
Total Points: 12,116,186,537,600.47
Cool Poster. - Barnburner 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Danny Gunz Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - WANGLER Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Dorian.. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by halffttime View Post
bro, i'm not looking to lose as much weight/fat as possible within those 10 weeks. to be frank, those 10 weeks is just a timeline for me to see how far i can get in terms of strength at the same time lose weight/fat. lifting wise, i'm going really hard, but fat/weight loss wise i'm not going extreme.

i've been working out on and off since 18 years old, with my weight fluctuating up and down. within that time period, 170lbs was my lowest weight (with a lot of skip rope and eating very low calorie. right now i'm about 207lbs and the strongest i've ever been with more knowledge on diet and lifting.

i strongly believe i have a really bad metabolism because for a fat guy who's pretty active and watches his diet, i don't lose that much weight/fat.

i'm on my second week of that 10 week timeline right now but it's actually been 6 weeks since i began seriously working out again. i've only lost 3lbs or so, but i'm not that worried yet. if by march and i'm still not under 200lbs, then i'll shake things up.
Imo you should commit to either the weight loss or strength gain rather than trying to do both.

If your ultimate goal is to hit 170 pounds I would say focus on that first. Because if you get some big gains on your lifts then try and get down to 160-170 you are going to lose a lot of your gains. Especially seeing as your body fat% is really high now you will want to focus on getting down to the mid teens then you can dabble in bulking and cutting to get bigger gains.

Just my opinion, it's your body so try some different things out and see what works best