View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 08:44 AM
TheAuthority
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 8 TheAuthority has a reputation beyond reputeTheAuthority has a reputation beyond reputeTheAuthority has a reputation beyond reputeTheAuthority has a reputation beyond reputeTheAuthority has a reputation beyond reputeTheAuthority has a reputation beyond reputeTheAuthority has a reputation beyond reputeTheAuthority has a reputation beyond reputeTheAuthority has a reputation beyond reputeTheAuthority has a reputation beyond reputeTheAuthority has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,108,719.34

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeLaHoya1fan View Post
was put in the ring against a new kid who had horrible technique. The coach knew I was more experienced and told me to go light on him so I thought I'd just work on my defense. Then every time I landed a cross through his guard this guy would go full retard and wing haymakers. Afterwards his friend was telling him that he was winning.

How do you deal with over zealous noobs in sparring? should I match his intensity and go in for the kill?
Your coach has asked you to go light and trusts you not to damage the new kids confidence - so bear that in mind. Also bear in mind that this kid is probably very nervous and as a result has difficulty controlling himself (fight or flight).