View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 09:37 PM
panicchaser
Contender

Rep Power: 5 panicchaser has a reputation beyond reputepanicchaser has a reputation beyond reputepanicchaser has a reputation beyond reputepanicchaser has a reputation beyond reputepanicchaser has a reputation beyond reputepanicchaser has a reputation beyond reputepanicchaser has a reputation beyond reputepanicchaser has a reputation beyond reputepanicchaser has a reputation beyond reputepanicchaser has a reputation beyond reputepanicchaser has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 4,693.95

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacon04 View Post
IDK how people can keep defending the stoppage. A few months ago 90% of guys here on boxingscene were crucifying Ortiz for not going on with a broken jaw. Now García can't continue with a broken nose and guys are defending him. Double standards.

Oh, and if most guys here think a broken nose is enough to stop a fight, then they should stop boxing at all since cuts, bruises and broken bones are part of the sport. I don't like it, I want every boxer to get out of the ring with their health, but the truth is that injuries happen and all boxers know it.

If a broken nose is enough to stop a fight, then we're going to stop seeing warriors like Gatti, Ward, Corrales or Salido. Next time just ask for the doctor, say you have a broken nose and stop the fight.
I thought this comment was fairly sound. That was until your last paragraph.

In this 3rd paragraph, you have clearly shown us that you 'choose' to overlook the fact that Salido INTENTIONALLY headbutt Mikey.

Furthermore, a broken nose from a punch is one thing. A broken nose from a headbutt is another. We're not talkin' glove on face, we're talkin' bone on bone! So if you actually believe what you say in your statement i've highlighted, then maybe next time you should make a conscious effort to think about what you really mean before you write it!

F.Y.I., the context in which you referred to Salido clearly makes you biased. I don't consider a dirty fighter a warrior but then that's just me!