View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 03:07 PM
EdWins
Winning

Rep Power: 8 EdWins has a reputation beyond reputeEdWins has a reputation beyond reputeEdWins has a reputation beyond reputeEdWins has a reputation beyond reputeEdWins has a reputation beyond reputeEdWins has a reputation beyond reputeEdWins has a reputation beyond reputeEdWins has a reputation beyond reputeEdWins has a reputation beyond reputeEdWins has a reputation beyond reputeEdWins has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 8,160,444,052.45
Total Points: 9,615,515,406.50

Quote:
Originally Posted by squealpiggy View Post
The Illuminati that really existed in real life was a small Bavarian secret society run by Enlightenment influenced thinkers. It lasted about 10 years before it was pretty much completely destroyed by a legal edict forbidding secret societies in Bavaria, which was not enough to stop religious nutters in America from banging on about it for another fifty years.

They don't exist today and neither did they ever at any point past or present, rule the world, secretly or otherwise.

Why exactly would the trustworthiness of an organisation with whom you have no dealings be of any concern to you at all? I mean I don't trust the Freemasons either, but there again I don't trust the Swiss Guards or FiveGuys Burgers or the opposition party of Germany or the drycleaners up the road I haven't ever used yet.
Well it's not really a concern to me its just the freemasons are often painted to be some sort of benevolent group of people whose sole purpose is to give back to the communities they surround (many Masonic lodges around where I live) and to help others, I simply don't trust them one single bit and I openly express that.