View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 08:22 PM
kiaba360
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 28 kiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 233,840,259,531,514.62
Total Points: 301,341,259,645,693.75
can't green you again, so here's a beer. - chiguy91 Couldn't return any green so I thought a gift would suffice - mathed For making a habit out of making sense. Thumbs up! - CubanGuyNYC For finishing 3rd in Season 3 of The Predictorship Challenge - D4thincarnation merry christmas - the collector 
2nd place - Boxingscene predictorship challenge. - dan_cov Thanks for the good karma dude =] - Tyler_Durden Enjoy a beer with your winnings! :) - Tyler_Durden Great goddamn pick here's some cake to go along with your winnings. - DannYankee09 great poster - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by QballLobo View Post
Casual boxing fans might know who they are, but joe shmoe looking for something to do on a Saturday night isn't going to care about anyone but the Mayweather fight. And let's face it, Guerrero is one of the least known opponents that Floyd as fought in years. I could see a lot of people sitting this one out, especially considering that a Pacquiao fight is not being talked about anymore.
Last time Floyd fought without Canelo being a part of it was Marquez and barely did a million on the PPV. Marquez had a lot of name recognition coming off the Pac fights and it was on Mexican independence weekend. Robert Guerrero couldn't be picked out of a line up by most sports fans. I say he needs Canelo more than people think, but we will see eventually.
Good points. Boxing seems to be lacking in the "future stars" department, and Mayweather has to decide right now what role he's gonna play. Is he gonna do a favor and share the spotlight with Canelo, or is he gonna say "Fuck that" and make the young gun work for the shot?