View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 06:00 PM
QballLobo
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 9 QballLobo has a reputation beyond reputeQballLobo has a reputation beyond reputeQballLobo has a reputation beyond reputeQballLobo has a reputation beyond reputeQballLobo has a reputation beyond reputeQballLobo has a reputation beyond reputeQballLobo has a reputation beyond reputeQballLobo has a reputation beyond reputeQballLobo has a reputation beyond reputeQballLobo has a reputation beyond reputeQballLobo has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,050,080,715.70

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAFTSMAN View Post
Canelo wants Mayweather to fight him NOW. His team knows September is just a date Mayweather can cancel at his whim. Who can blame them? Anyone who believes Floyd would fight four months after his next fight is a fool.

If he has to fight in the Floyd/Guerrero as an undercard fighter for little money, he might as well fight on a separate date where he can control the terms of the fight as the main card. Makes sense. Mayweather will never fight Canelo, anyway, win or lose in his next fight.
I agree, I think it is a smart move by Canelo's team. For all those saying that Canelo doesn't have this type of pull, obviously GBP isn't balking otherwise they would have told team Canelo to go F themselves and announced a fight everyone knew was a done deal late last year. Now whether or not he has earned that type of leverage is a valid debate.
The fact that they have held up the announcement means they are taking this seriously. At the end of the day Floyd only has a few more fights left, Canelo is the cash cow of the future for Golden Boy.
Mares or Broner would be good for the undercard, but the casual viewer has no idea who they are. Canelo did prove in September that he can move the needle.
Like I said Canelo has nothing to lose, he either get's his guarantee from team Mayweather (not likely) or he doesn't and gets confirmation that the fight will not happen this year and he can move on and headline his own card.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<