Boxing Forum - View Single Post - What Happened to the Swarming Style?
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 01:07 PM
GrandpaBernard
motherfuc

Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Rep Power: 17 GrandpaBernard has a reputation beyond repute GrandpaBernard has a reputation beyond repute GrandpaBernard has a reputation beyond repute GrandpaBernard has a reputation beyond repute GrandpaBernard has a reputation beyond repute GrandpaBernard has a reputation beyond repute GrandpaBernard has a reputation beyond repute GrandpaBernard has a reputation beyond repute GrandpaBernard has a reputation beyond repute GrandpaBernard has a reputation beyond repute GrandpaBernard has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 54,324,599.73
For the insight! - Lazerjab  Happy new years bro! - Lazerjab 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
Abner Mares isn't a swarmer? If not then define the "swarming style"
Thank you for bringing him up. The smaller weight divisions aren't my focus, so I forgot about him. Seeing Mares performance in his most recent fight made me happy. That was some good swarming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtotheZ View Post
Amir Khan swarms and so does Pacquiao, Timothy Bradley, and a few others. Some of them may not be Swarmers perse but they do tend to go in all the time
Yes, I can see why you would say Bradley swarms. He's versatile and can fight at a variety of ranges. His swarming alone doesn't stand out.

The swarmer tag is far too specialized to give it to Khan. He's a brawler or puncher with the handspeed and proportions to masquerade as a boxer-puncher.

pacquiao can barely fight inside, struggles to cut off the ring, and doesn't apply a steady pressure. Ambush fighters are too in and out.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<