View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 09:58 PM
Slip Stream
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 8 Slip Stream has a reputation beyond reputeSlip Stream has a reputation beyond reputeSlip Stream has a reputation beyond reputeSlip Stream has a reputation beyond reputeSlip Stream has a reputation beyond reputeSlip Stream has a reputation beyond reputeSlip Stream has a reputation beyond reputeSlip Stream has a reputation beyond reputeSlip Stream has a reputation beyond reputeSlip Stream has a reputation beyond reputeSlip Stream has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 5,001,041,493.65
For your solid contributions - JAB5239 To a good poster - ROSS CALIFORNIA To a good poster - ROSS CALIFORNIA 
Default Dark Heroes In An Age Of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Even Money View Post
How can a guy on the street get several years in prison for robbing a liquor store for a couple hundred dollars, and this pus5y robs the entire world for millions of dollars and gets a slap on the wrist?

Everything he is is because he cheated. All his endorsements, all his money and all his fame. He doesn't deserve any of it yet he's still a millionaire.

****ing justice huh?
For a former American hero to have fallen as far as he has, I would contend there are some things far worse than prison. His reputation along with his accomplishments will be forever sullied, by his ego, by his calculus, and run through by a hypocritical society that celebrates naked greed but not the true cost of it. So Lance becomes the exact antithesis of what he imagined while he was a hero.

Sometimes I wonder if fans are at all realistic about the people that they uplift? I wonder what we'd find if we let our eyes look closer to see everything our heroes are, their fears and their prejudices included. Because if we could let ourselves see stuff like that, we wouldn't be so disappointed when our heroes inevitably let us down.

The point can't be lost on what kind of society we live in, a Capitalistic one, one that emphasizes wealth and prosperity by whatever means. We're all about winning, being the biggest, the baddest, and the best. In the forge of such pressures men and women of moral weakness succumb to the darker aspects of their natures. It isn't pretty to watch but human history is etched with human depravity, and moral failing after moral failing.

I guess our heroes are such until they prove what Lance Armstrong so openly displayed about himself, his rank humanity.

Last edited by Slip Stream; 01-18-2013 at 10:04 PM..