View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 04:48 PM
hayZ
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 15 hayZ has a reputation beyond reputehayZ has a reputation beyond reputehayZ has a reputation beyond reputehayZ has a reputation beyond reputehayZ has a reputation beyond reputehayZ has a reputation beyond reputehayZ has a reputation beyond reputehayZ has a reputation beyond reputehayZ has a reputation beyond reputehayZ has a reputation beyond reputehayZ has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 2,000,035,538,250.11
links - Sir TomJones for posting the truth about Zionism - Freedom. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodogoshi View Post
It was a very nice card.

Bjorn Rebney is a classy guy. I like the Bellator commentators as well, Jimmy Smith in particular.

Bjorn Rebney is the founder of the company, but Viacom purchased a majority stake when they made the deal to go to S p i k e, which Viacom owns. They had a no-compete clause with Zuffa, which expired in 2013, which is why Bellator just made the move to the network. The deal was made some time ago.

In general, I don't see much comparison of the Zuffa ownership and Bellator's. Viacom is a huge corporation of course, however the Fertittas are basically tycoons.
From listening to the whole Alvarez situation, Rebney does not seem to be a straight up guy, also I had suspicions about that before the Alvarezs situation even got exposed about him making sure other fighters could not fight for anyone else nor Bellator and just holding up their contracts. None of these promoters are really straight up guys. The only one so far that seems legit that I have seen is Ray Sefo.