View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 02:41 PM
GrandpaBernard
motherfuc

Rep Power: 0 GrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these partsGrandpaBernard is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 54,156,369.10
For the insight! - Lazerjab Happy new years bro! - Lazerjab 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacquiaoifyable View Post
Swarmer and Slugger are too similar IMO. Defensive fighter would've made this question better.
No way. Sluggers like mid-range where they can load up on to throw the most powerful shots. Swarmers fight at closer quarters and look to wear down the opponent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBleeder View Post
He's a boxer-puncher in my book, but he could definitely slug with the best of them. Head to head I think he beats Foreman 75% of the time.

Not really. A swarmer is a pressure fighter and a volume puncher. A typical slugger applies less forward pressure and throws fewer, but harder, punches.

There really are very few fighters who are exclusively one style or sub-style. Most guys have traits of everything. Frazier, in a book he wrote, described himself as a hybrid of a volume puncher and slugger. Henry Armstrong had the ability to drop you with one big punch. Wilfredo Gomez could be a defensive wizard at times.
It's surprising that he saw himself that way. Frazier to me is the archetype for a swarmer.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<