Boxing Forum - View Single Post - Best of the 3 main styles
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 03:41 PM #11
motherfuc

Quoted: 773 Post(s)
GrandpaBernard has a reputation beyond reputeGrandpaBernard has a reputation beyond reputeGrandpaBernard has a reputation beyond reputeGrandpaBernard has a reputation beyond reputeGrandpaBernard has a reputation beyond reputeGrandpaBernard has a reputation beyond reputeGrandpaBernard has a reputation beyond reputeGrandpaBernard has a reputation beyond reputeGrandpaBernard has a reputation beyond reputeGrandpaBernard has a reputation beyond reputeGrandpaBernard has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,054,519,717.06
For the insight! - Lazerjab Happy new years bro! - Lazerjab 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacquiaoifyable View Post
Swarmer and Slugger are too similar IMO. Defensive fighter would've made this question better.
No way. Sluggers like mid-range where they can load up on to throw the most powerful shots. Swarmers fight at closer quarters and look to wear down the opponent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBleeder View Post
He's a boxer-puncher in my book, but he could definitely slug with the best of them. Head to head I think he beats Foreman 75% of the time.

Not really. A swarmer is a pressure fighter and a volume puncher. A typical slugger applies less forward pressure and throws fewer, but harder, punches.

There really are very few fighters who are exclusively one style or sub-style. Most guys have traits of everything. Frazier, in a book he wrote, described himself as a hybrid of a volume puncher and slugger. Henry Armstrong had the ability to drop you with one big punch. Wilfredo Gomez could be a defensive wizard at times.
It's surprising that he saw himself that way. Frazier to me is the archetype for a swarmer.
GrandpaBernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<