View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 12:14 AM
kiaba360
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 27 kiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 97,838,937,293,078.09
Total Points: 161,338,937,295,731.97
can't green you again, so here's a beer. - chiguy91 Couldn't return any green so I thought a gift would suffice - mathed For making a habit out of making sense. Thumbs up! - CubanGuyNYC For finishing 3rd in Season 3 of The Predictorship Challenge - D4thincarnation merry christmas - the collector 
2nd place - Boxingscene predictorship challenge. - dan_cov Thanks for the good karma dude =] - Tyler_Durden Enjoy a beer with your winnings! :) - Tyler_Durden Great goddamn pick here's some cake to go along with your winnings. - DannYankee09 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Rode View Post
Is that what he meant when he said "If we can free up Mares"?? I thought he was just talking about freeing him up for the date or something.

I can't picture Mares leaving GB anytime soon. He signed with them right when he turned pro and they've built him up extremely well. He's a 5'4" bantamweight that's drawing 7k fans at Staples Center and always has his fights on National TV.
Is having loyalty for your promoter a positive thing? At the end of the day, they're trying to make as much money off the fighter as they possibly can. It's business right? If GBP really cared about Mares as a fighter, they would be the bigger man and allow TR to promote Donaire/Mares by themselves. Of course that wouldn't happen, because they're trying to develop Mares into a cash cow. Giving up Mares is the same as giving up $$$.