View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 09:20 PM
Ray Corso
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 15 Ray Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 11,000,068,249.82
Listen to Ray, he knows boxing - valero Knowledgable poster - Weltz Knowledgeable - Beercules invaluable to the training forum - jas 

I remember my family friend Gaspar Ortega getting ready to fight my favorite fighter at that time Benny "Kid" Peret!!! Gaspar was one of my teachers and a friend that was cheerished for his honesty and loyalty. I had a problem who to pick to be the winner, it was that long ago I realized that a good fight was what to rout for and the safety of the fighters was a very real wish.
I think they split 2 bouts or Gaspar won 2 out of 3, I don't recall but it wasn't much longer that I watched my favorite fighter get overwhelmed by Emile and I can still see the ref just moving around and not stepping in to stop the pinned "Kid" in the corner! I remember yelling at the ref to stop the fight!!
Serious "game" this sport of boxing, thats why I get mad when I hear some jerk in a crowd call a fighter a bum!! He's in the stands, paid to get in and he's calling someone risking his life for the sport he loves a "bum"! Sad! Ray.

R.I.P Benny the "Kid" Peret terrific boxer, and fan favorite!!