View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 09:10 PM
kiaba360
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 27 kiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 131,678,327,958,033.73
Total Points: 210,178,327,964,949.69
can't green you again, so here's a beer. - chiguy91 Couldn't return any green so I thought a gift would suffice - mathed For making a habit out of making sense. Thumbs up! - CubanGuyNYC For finishing 3rd in Season 3 of The Predictorship Challenge - D4thincarnation merry christmas - the collector 
2nd place - Boxingscene predictorship challenge. - dan_cov Thanks for the good karma dude =] - Tyler_Durden Enjoy a beer with your winnings! :) - Tyler_Durden Great goddamn pick here's some cake to go along with your winnings. - DannYankee09 

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Kev- View Post
This is exactly what a gatekeeper is. Quintana, Corley, Johnson[now], Bailey, Katsidis, Spinks, Mayorga, Mosley[now] etc, are gatekeepers.

People mentioning Cotto, Judah, Maidana, Berto, Bika don't even know what a gatekeeper is and they need to stop. If these guys are gatekeepers then the only good fighters are top 3 fighters of a weight class, and that is just so ridiculously false that it's not even funny and I have to question every single person's knowledge of boxing in this thread. You mention lower tier top 10 fighters and call them gatekeepers, we already have a problem in boxing then...mentioning top 5 fighters of a weight class and calling them gatekeepers, go watch another sport, please.
Ring has Bika ranked at #8, but I personally don't hold him in such a high regard. He's 33 years old, suffers from inactivity, has losses to Ward/Bute/Calzaghe, and barely receives any promotion. His next fight is against somebody I've never heard of (Sjekloca) in February. Granted, it's for the interim WBC belt, but he already lost to Ward already. Bika is a rough and rugged opponent that can take guys out of their element. If you can't beat Bika, you're not a top 10 SMW imho.