View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 04:19 PM
Boxing1706
Contender

Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 3,954.12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Check View Post
Well I'm also referring to who he has mixed it up with at 140 too. He may of not performed well but having been in there with Bradley, Lucas, Kotelnik, and Urango is a lot of vital experience for a kid that hasn't even hit his prime. I'm predicting a stoppage, not because of his power, but the fact that Brook being broken down with precision punching. Alexander isn't a great puncher but he's accurate and I think it will take its toll on Kell.

With that said, I really have no rooting interest in either fighter. Not a fan of either and just hope to see a good competitive fight, which I think it will be.
I hear ya,I do realise he has fought better competition but in saying that he done really poorly when he stepped up to fight Tim Bradley,he basically quit on a small cut in the most important fight of his life.The Kotelnik and Matthysse fights were both home town decision highway robberies,he struggled badly in both fights tbh.The only fight I really give Devon props for at Jrww was his ko of Urango but even still Urango isnt great,the guy is a face first fighter who relies on power.I really dont think Alexander is a great puncher,he throws alot of pitty pat punches Ive never really seen him beat down an opponent.Brook for me is the much stronger fighter,hes got the heart as we seen him fight nearly 6 rounds with a broken nose against Carson Jones.His punches are extremely accurate and he uses timing to counter his opponents.On top of that I think hes gonna be way to big and strong for Devon.Only thing that might hurt Kell Brook in this fight is his defence he stands a little too upright which could play into Devons hands but other than that its a fore gone conclusion.I could be wrong but hey this why we love boxing,anything can happen....