View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 02:45 PM
mconstantine
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 11 mconstantine has a reputation beyond reputemconstantine has a reputation beyond reputemconstantine has a reputation beyond reputemconstantine has a reputation beyond reputemconstantine has a reputation beyond reputemconstantine has a reputation beyond reputemconstantine has a reputation beyond reputemconstantine has a reputation beyond reputemconstantine has a reputation beyond reputemconstantine has a reputation beyond reputemconstantine has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 2,500,000,168,044.71

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBleeder View Post
I guess I've been doing it wrong all these years. I always watch the gloves... those are the things that are going to be hitting me.
If you're focusing on the hands, not only are you a sitting duck for feints and set ups, but you're also losing focus on openings to strike.

Also, how can you actually look at both hands effectively at the same time?

Seems like constantly starring at hands would make it easy to fall into an overly defensive trap of being gun shy...and no matter how good you are defensively, once you get gun shy, you get hit because guys will just open up on you and some are bound to get through.