I don't think there is any shame in using full face protector style of head gear and here is why.
1. You're sparring. The goal of sparring is to work on your technique, not do damage or prove you can take damage.
2. Full face gear should allow you to go a little harder without increasing the risk of damage. This should be the goal since again, the goal is to work on technique. The more sparring can replicate a real match, the better.
3. It seems to be common amongst pros now (monkey see, monkey do, I know but still)
4. If you're serious about a boxing career, your goal should be to extend your career. Taking UNNECESSARY damage during PRACTICE doesn't really support that goal.
5. We're talking about practice. Not even the real fight, we're talking about PRACTICE...PRACTICE man.